The United States Census Board in November 2009 had uncovered a fact on custodial parents and their child support. This fact revealed that there are about 13.7 million single parents in the United States who are accountable for raising approximately 26 percent of nearly 21.8 million children who have not attained the age of twenty-one. The remaining children have been found to stay away from the household. Also, it has been found that among the custodial parents, 84 percent are mothers, whereas remaining 16 percent are fathers.
After this another census released that out of these 845 custodial mothers, only 79.5 percent are working. Entire year, only 49.8 percent work on a full time basis; and only 29.7 percent work as part time. And, among the fathers who hold the custody of the children, almost 90 percent of them are employed out of which 71.7 percent work full time for the full year, and only 18.4 percent work part time.
Well this census result shows clearly that most of the single custodial parents are employed because they do not want to be dependent on other for carrying out their responsibility.
Now, it is clear that single parents are not sitting unemployed, whether mother or father. The only problem that is being encountered in case of single parents is the discrimination that they face in the workplace. You may find most of the companies and industries not agreeing to this fact, and they completely deny on face that such discrimination exists. But, the fact is such discrimination is very much prevalent in every workplace. It exists due to the fact there are no such federal laws that prevent such acts. However, if one tries to find out, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, EEOC, provides laws to prevent discrimination of any kind in the workplace.
More Articles :
- Age Discrimination In Employment Cases
- Discrimination Against Special Needs
- Discrimination Agianst Single Parents At Work
- Discrimination In Employment Posting
- Discrimination In The United States
- Discrimination In Us Immigration Policies
- Discrimination Of Religions
- Employment Discrimination Of Women
- Examples Of Prejudice Discrimination
- Examples Of Racial Discrimination
- Facts On Racial Discrimination
- History Of Racial Discrimination
- Hiv And Aids Discrimination
- Settlements In Discrimination Suits
- Types Of Discrimination