For many years, women in the US have been a considerable workforce. There is ample evidence to show that women have all the capabilities to succeed in any professional field, and this fact has been acknowledged world over. Nonetheless, even today there is employment discrimination of women.
Whatever one says or claims even then gender discrimination in the work place still exists. Women at present have access to better educational opportunities and, therefore, they are turning towards better and stable career opportunities. Nowadays there is not a single workplace where women do not exist. Earlier, what were termed as men jobs only have been acquired by women too, and they have been doing quite well in all these places. When a woman is found to be fit in all respects for a particular job, the question of gender discrimination must not arise at all. Today, almost every country has provided equal employment opportunities to women.
Although the federal law has issued guidelines and acts that clearly specify that there will not be any kind of gender discrimination, a recent survey has revealed that all those women who work for nearly forty-one to forty-four hours per week earn around 84.6 percent less compared to their male counterparts. When the number of hours of work increases proportionally, the earnings rate also decreases accordingly. Those women who work for nearly 60 hours have been found to be earning almost 78.3 percent less than their male counterparts. Also, it has been noticed that women are often denied employment perks, monetary benefits and certain other benefits that are enjoyed by male workers.
While there are laws in place to prevent employment discrimination of women, this is a fact thousands of women in the US have to face.
More Articles :
- Age Discrimination In Employment Cases
- Discrimination Against Special Needs
- Discrimination Agianst Single Parents At Work
- Discrimination In Employment Posting
- Discrimination In The United States
- Discrimination In Us Immigration Policies
- Discrimination Of Religions
- Employment Discrimination Of Women
- Examples Of Prejudice Discrimination
- Examples Of Racial Discrimination
- Facts On Racial Discrimination
- History Of Racial Discrimination
- Hiv And Aids Discrimination
- Settlements In Discrimination Suits
- Types Of Discrimination