No matter how hard people try, invariably they end up putting people into categories based on what they know, what they think they know or what they believe in. This is known as stereotyping.
Some examples of stereotype are as follows:
- Men make great business leaders and women make good home-makers.
- Men are always strong.
- Men are masculine.
- Women want to have babies and are nurturing.
- Women make good cooks.
- Women make good nurses and air-hostesses
- Women are bad drivers
- Blondes are beautiful but stupid
- Blonde haired women are beauties without brains.
Racial and Ethnic stereotypes:
- Chinese and Indians are good at math and sciences, but are poor in english and humanities
- African Americans are drug peddlers, thugs, good dancers, good at athletics and basketball
- Muslims are terrorists and make bombs.
- Whites are arrogant and racist
- White Americans are obese, lazy ,dim-witted, judgmental towards other races and highly materialistic
- Italians are always in a mob
- Irishman are drunkards and stupid
- Hispanics are illegal aliens
- All Japanese (or Orientals) are untrustworthy.
- Jews are greedy, nit-picky, stingy misers.
- All homeless are that way by choice.
- All Homeless have behavior problems, are into substance abuse, lazy, and dirty and/or smelly
- Working class are naive and not street smart
- All Jocks are stupid
Student stereotype examples are as follows:
- Prom King/Queen
- Sorority girl
- The loner tough guy
- The loner artist
Occupational stereotypes include:
- All truck drivers speed on road.
- All judges are honest.
- All Lawyers are crooks.
- All Motorcyclists are loud and drunkards.
- All actors and actresses are high on drugs and alcohol
More Articles :