Talking on cell phones while driving may be banned in some parts of the world, but even then there are many people who continue to use cell phones while driving, and this category not only includes teenagers, also adults and elderly drivers.
It has been reported that when teenagers talk on the phone while driving, they actually drive like the elderly drivers, which means they were much slower than they would usually be. According to a study conducted in this regard, those who used cell phones while driving reacted much slowly and took longer time to apply brakes than those who were not using a cell phone while driving. However, when elderly people used cell phones while driving, their reaction time was almost the same as when they do not use their phones.
It is possible that since the elderly drivers are more cautious because of their age and vision problems, they may not have a high risk of fatalities if they use cell phones while driving. But the same cannot be said for the teenagers, as they are comparatively inexperienced and can be easily distracted, as compared to the elderly drivers.
In fact, drivers who use cell phones while driving take more time to return to their original speed and are more prone to being involved in collisions than the ones who do not use a cell phone while driving. This is not only limited to handset phones, the results are the same in case of hands free phone also. Also, it can be concluded that whether it is a teen driver or an elderly one, talking on the cell phone and driving may not be a safe option for either of them.
More Articles :
- Back Injury And Car Accident
- Car Accident And Aging
- Car Accident And Pregnancy
- Car Accident With Degenerative Disk Disease
- Deaths In Car Accident Statistics
- Teenagers And Car Accident Statistics
- Compare Elderly Driver And Teen Drivers Using Cell Phones
- Drivers Ed For Elderly
- Driving Services For The Elderly
- Elderly And Drivers And Safety And On And The And Road
- Elderly Drivers And Bioptic Glasses
- Elderly Driving Habits
- License Restrictions for Older Drivers
- Should Older Drivers Re take Driving Test ?