Car accidents have been resulted in more deaths of men than women according to statistical reports in the recent years. In addition, 35 percent of road accidents are caused by motor vehicles in which the highest number of victims is the youth who are less than 30 years old. The accident rate is considerably higher in the age brackets of 15 and 24. The most common reason is that the younger generation is not really prepared for the common emergency situations that may arise during driving.
On taking annual average statistics, it is found that more than 60 accidents occur in the US every year that costs the nation a whopping figure more than 200 billion dollars. More 40,000 people die among the 2 million victims who suffer serious injuries. This means that about 100 deaths occur due to the motor accidents everyday in the US! Wyoming, South Carolina, Mississippi and Montana have registered the maximum number of deaths in the last decade.
The main causes of these auto accidents include drunken driving and the fatigue of drivers. However, with the increasing awareness of the dangers of consuming alcohol while driving, the number of accidents that occur due to this reason has considerably decreased in the recent past.
Many auto accidents occur during the winter season while driving in snow or ice. Hence, winter tires are suggested for both the front as well as rear wheels of the car. In order to increase the traction and the effectiveness of the brakes, it is advisable to chain all the four wheels instead of two.
More Articles :
- Back Injury And Car Accident
- Car Accident And Aging
- Car Accident And Pregnancy
- Car Accident With Degenerative Disk Disease
- Deaths In Car Accident Statistics
- Teenagers And Car Accident Statistics
- Compare Elderly Driver And Teen Drivers Using Cell Phones
- Drivers Ed For Elderly
- Driving Services For The Elderly
- Elderly And Drivers And Safety And On And The And Road
- Elderly Drivers And Bioptic Glasses
- Elderly Driving Habits
- License Restrictions for Older Drivers
- Should Older Drivers Re take Driving Test ?