A test that is done repeatedly is with a concern for safety of both the driver and the pedestrians. So, it should not pose any problem to re-take a test. It could be done in a routine of five years gap. This test could also be done at a subsidized rate.
It may be a cause of concern for the family members when the elders in the family are adamant about driving. But if they are confident about driving, then there is nothing wrong in retaking the driving test. In addition, this will also help them feel reassured about their driving abilities, especially if they can prove all their critics wrong. One should not feel offended by the fact because just done as part of safety measure because it is far better than taking a risk and knocking down someone or meeting with an accident.
As such, roads have improved and increased in numbers, so it may be easier for the elderly to drive as it would be far smoother driving than what it was earlier. Instead of fields it is shopping complexes all over. But one also has to consider the fact that the traffic has also increased considerably, which adds more stress while driving. Re-taking tests or some sort of a refresher course should be a welcome and not opposed to.
The retest could be made a regular practice, not only for the elderly drivers, but for all and it should be made a little harder going by the experience of the driver. In case of the elderly drivers, a timely health check up can also be added. This could just be one of the measures to bring down the number of accidents, especially involving the elderly.
More Articles :
- Back Injury And Car Accident
- Car Accident And Aging
- Car Accident And Pregnancy
- Car Accident With Degenerative Disk Disease
- Deaths In Car Accident Statistics
- Teenagers And Car Accident Statistics
- Compare Elderly Driver And Teen Drivers Using Cell Phones
- Drivers Ed For Elderly
- Driving Services For The Elderly
- Elderly And Drivers And Safety And On And The And Road
- Elderly Drivers And Bioptic Glasses
- Elderly Driving Habits
- License Restrictions for Older Drivers
- Should Older Drivers Re take Driving Test ?