Children cannot choose their parents and they are just born no matter who their father or mother is. Some children have parents who are criminals, thieves or just people who have gone astray. Several times when criminals get jailed, the kids are stranded as they have no where to go. Lucky are those children who have grandparents to take care of them.
Grand parenting a child whose parent is in jail can be very difficult emotionally for the grandparent as well as the child. Peer pressure is tremendous and mostly children are not spared before someone teases them about their jailed parent. Children have to learn to deal with the situation in their own way but also need to be helped emotionally by their grandparents.
If you know that your grandchild is being hurt in school, you need to take action and do something to make the child feel better. You cannot stop people from talking because you have no control over it. However, what you can do is counsel your grandchild regularly and tell them that he or she has no control over what people can talk. It is not their fault that their parent is in jail and they did not choose to be born to the parent. May be you will not be able to make them feel better but you can help them to do it on their own. If you see that your grandchildren is not very responsive to you, then try to get them counseled professionally before they get emotionally scarred.
More Articles :
- Grandparent And Grandchild Connection
- Grandparenting An Autistic Child
- Grandparenting Crises Intervention
- How To Deal With The Loss Of A Grandchild ?
- My Daughter In Law Is Putting My Grandchild Against Me
- Positive Grandparenting Advice
- Remarriage And Grandparenting
- Things To Mail Grandkids
- Tips For Grandparent Caring For Grandchild Who Have Parent In Jail
- Valentine For Grandchild
- Who Is More Important Your Own Child Or Grandchild ?