7 Areas Of Personal Growth
When it comes to personal growth, it is important that you first take into consideration all the areas of personal growth before focusing on one particular area. This will give you a roadmap to follow and you will be able to graduate from one area to the next seamlessly. So, what are the areas of personal growth?
There are primarily six areas, but you can add another one and make it into seven. The 7 areas of personal growth are as follows:
- Mental growth is extremely important because your mind allows you to see the world, understand it and then process the information. In addition, your mind is the unique seat of decision making that allows you differentiate good from bad. Ultimately whatever decisions you make in life will determine whether you are a success or failure. Many people consider the mental growth as the one and only important area of personal development.
- Emotional growth is also equally important as mental growth. Your emotions have the ability to motivate and propel you forward into achieving and succeeding. Although emotions are rooted deep inside you, they still govern your external world. If your emotions are positive, your life is heading in the right direction. However, if they are negative, you may feel you are unsuccessful. Through emotional growth and development, you can figure out how emotions are affecting the results you are achieving.
- Physical growth ensures that you mental abilities enhance. The body and mind are interconnected and with a healthy body, your mental capabilities improve. If you have a healthy body, your mind will get all the necessary nutrients and this will allow you to focus better. You should look for things that help you improve your health.
- No man is an island. We all need relationships and have the urge to connect with people. The quality of the relationships we share with the people around us is important for our success. We need relationships to lead a normal and happy life.
- Every person in this world has a purpose and so do you. Your purpose should primarily be as to what you want to be remembered for once you are longer there. Your daily actions and decisions should be part of your life's goals so that you are successful in every aspect of your life. You need to figure out what the purpose of your life is and then the path will become easier.
- Spiritual growth is something that is often neglected in our materialistic world. However, it is an important aspect because all the other areas of personal growth are dependent on your spirit. If you do not allow your spirit to grow and develop, you cannot reach the pinnacle of success.
- The last area of personal growth is learning. Our education never stops. We should be constantly endeavoring to learn new and better things. This, in turn, will help your mental and emotional growth and development. No person has answers to everything. However, life is a journey of discovery and how and what you learn through this journey opens you to achieving more. Otherwise, you will remain blinkered and will not be able to explore new things and options.
More Articles :