The word clone from the Greek word for twig and it refers to a group of identical beings. However, in modern word, a clone is an organism which is an identical genetic copy of an existing organism. In nature cloning has been occurring naturally in organisms that produce sexually as wells as asexually. Identical twins is a good example of clones through sexual reproduction.
Today, the world is worried that cloning will extend from animals to humans. The worry is over two aspects. One that the technique of cloning is not natural as God willed and the other is the heath risks of human cloning.
Cloning experiments on animals have already shown that there are risks of fetuses getting debilitating and fatal conditions. And the worse part is that these conditions cannot be predicted and avoided at the moment. Some of the conditions pose a threat to the pregnant mother. Therefore, opponents of human cloning fear that these health risks will also be present in human clones and thereby making it a risky proposition.
At the moment, human cloning is extremely risky and the risk of producing an abnormal baby is very high. There is a possibility that the genetic material taken for human cloning would keep aging and therefore, the human baby clone would be born with genes that are getting older from the moment the baby is born. Then the abnormalities present may not be seen until the baby is born and this would lead the human baby to die premature due to complications. Even if the human baby was born normal, doctors and parents would have to wait for years before finding out that an abnormality existed. And then there is disfigurement that is possible as even today animals are being born with severe disfigurements.
More Articles :
- Asbestos Health Risks
- Avoid Dangerous Health Risks On Airline Flight
- Distemper Paint Health Risks
- Ethnic Groups And Health Risks
- Health Risks And Soda
- Health Risks Associated With Tattoos And Body Piercings
- Health Risks For Human Cloning
- Health Risks From B Complex Vitamins
- Health Risks From Violent Video Games
- Health Risks From Working In Oil Refinery
- Health Risks To Binge Drinking
- Health Risks With Using Contraceptive Gels
- Male Circumcision Health Risks
- Obseity And Health Risks
- Risks To Health By Stress
- Victim Of Mobbing In Workplace And Health Risks