In our society, many people commit suicide. It is a harsh reality that we cannot run away from. And the people who want to commit suicide use a variety of ways to take their lives; some well thought of while others are just spur of the moment.
Ways People Commit Suicide:
There are many different ways people commit suicide but some of the most common ones are described below:
- Exsanguination: This involves committing suicide by either cutting the wrist or the carotid artery. The blood loss is so high that even if you rush the person to the hospital, the prognosis is not very good.
- Drowning: Many people commit suicide by drowning themselves. Even if they know how to swim, they stay under water long enough to stop their breathing. Usually they end up tying a heavy weight to themselves so that they do not attempt to come up and take a breath.
- Asphyxia: This mode of committing suicide involves suffocation. The person will use different ways to suffocate himself, including using a plastic bag over the head or breathing fumes of carbon monoxide.
- Hanging: This is the most common method of committing suicide. This method leads to the breaking of the neck or crushing of the trachea so that breath does not reach the lungs.
- Jumping from a bridge: The famous Golden Gate Bridge in the US is a popular place for people to jump and commit suicide. Here the person does not die because of drowning, rather from the impact of the jump or fall.
If you or someone you know need help with suicide prevention, you can get help by contacting suidecide hotline by calling 1-800-273-TALK
More Articles :