Pineapple is a very tasty and delicious fruit. It has a sweet and a slightly acidic taste. Eating a pineapple is very easy, but preparing it for eating is the most difficult thing to do. A pineapple is high in sugar content.
So, the calorie count may be high. One single fruit can contain more than three hundred calories.However, it is very easy for a person to eat one single fruit because most of the fruit is cut out as there are thorns present even in the flesh of the fruit. A lot of fruit pulp is lost while cleaning the fruit. However, the brown thorns that you see while cleaning the fruit are the roots of the plant. If you want to grow a pineapple plant, then you need to plant the head of the pineapple fruit again. It is as simple as that.
A single serving of pineapple may not contain more than 50 calories. Pineapple is high in Vitamin A and also Vitamin C. Pineapple has high content of phosphates as well. Phosphates help in bone growth so they are beneficial for everyone. Also, the high Vitamin A content helps in improving eyesight and also curing myopia and long sightedness. It increases clarity of vision in the eyes. Vitamins also help in bone productivity. Vitamin A is not something that everyone consumes on a daily basis even though it is essential for the body. So, having fruits that give Vitamin A even thrice a week is very essential for the body.
Here are the nutrients present in one serving of pineapple:
Protein - 0.54g
Fat - 0.12g
Carbohydrate - 12.63g
Sugar - 9.26g
Calcium - 13mg
Iron - 0.28mg
Potassium - 115mg
Sodium - 1mg
Zinc - 0.1mg
Selenium - 0.1mcg
Vitamin C - 36.2mg
More Articles :
- Can You Freeze Fresh Pineapple ?
- How Do You Cut A Pineapple ?
- How Long Does It Take To Grow A Pineapple ?
- How Many Calories In Pineapple ?
- How To Pick A Ripe Pineapple ?
- How To Root A Pineapple ?
- How To Take Care Of A Pineapple Plant ?
- Is Pineapple Good For You ?
- Pineapple Nutritional Facts
- Unique Facts About The Pineapple
- What Does The Pineapple Symbolize ?
- What Is The Life Cycle Of A Pineapple ?
- What Kind Of Fruit Is A Pineapple ?
- What Vitamins Are In Pineapple ?
- When Is A Pineapple Ripe ?