It is no longer necessary for you to purchase organic vegetables from a specialty store in your area. In fact, if you have a plot of land available around your home or in your backyard, you can easily grow your own organic vegetables.
Organic vegetables refer to those vegetables that are grown without the aid of chemicals. Only natural cultivation methods are employed to grow the vegetables, including dealing with pests.
Here are some simple tips for growing organic vegetables:
- Pests like slugs are part and parcel of vegetable gardening and you should be prepared to handle them. You can try simple organic methods to control these pests. One method is using a saucer full of beer to trap the slugs. Other method uses a garlic infusion that has to be sprayed onto the leaves of the vegetables. The garlic infusion acts as a deterrent. Or, you can try to encourage the growth of frogs in the vicinity as frogs love to eat slugs.
- Organic vegetable gardening does not mean having vegetables that are insipid and sick looking. You can have fresh juicy vegetables but make sure the plants get ample nutrients and nourishment. This can be provided by using organic fertilizer. You can use manure, compost and mulch to ensure that all your vegetables get sufficient nutrients.
- If you plan your organic vegetable garden well, you can get vegetables right round the year. So, also aim at growing winter vegetables like leeks and purple sprouting broccoli. This way you will have fresh vegetables in summer, autumn and winter.
- Make your own compost to use in your vegetable garden. If you do not know how, then approach a organic garden training center. This way you will be able to recycle old and death plants and also be able to provide organic matter to your vegetable garden.
- Do not use manure from meat-eating animals. This means no manure from your dog and cats. The reason is very simple. Meat-eating animals' manure can have diseases and parasites that could be transmitted to humans.
- Revitalize the soil without the aid of chemicals by using crop rotation. It is also an excellent way of using the limited available space.
|Vegetable Gardening :|
More Articles :
- Best Organic Soil Mix For Vegetable Garden
- Best Time To Plant Vegetable Garden
- Building A New Raised Bed Vegetable Garden
- Growing Season And Altitude Limits For Garden Vegetables
- Growing Vegetables During A Drought
- Growing Vegetables In A Bail Of Hay
- Growing Vegetables In Containers
- Growing Vegetables In Small Space
- Growing Vegetables In The Southwest
- Growing Vegetables In Wet Soil
- How To Start Indoor Vegetable Gardening ?
- How Wide To Make Path In Vegetable Garden ?
- The Best Area In The Us For Growing Vegetables
- Tips For Growing Organic Vegetables
- Vegetable Gardening In A Green House
- Vegetable Gardening With Teens
- What To Put In Soil For Vegetable Garden ?