Usually when it comes to freezing tomatoes, you should not face any problems because of the water content in the fruits. There are many methods to freeze tomatoes depending on how you would like to use them in the future.
In order to freeze tomatoes, you first need to spend some time preparing the tomatoes for this procedure. Clean the tomatoes properly. In order to freeze them with their skin on, wash the tomatoes well and then dry them thoroughly. After that, cut off the area where the stem scar is present. Place the tomatoes on a tray and transfer to the freezer. Let the tomatoes get completely frozen. Remove the frozen tomatoes and transfer them into an air tight container and return the container to the freezer. When you want to use the tomato, remove and use it like normal fresh tomato.
In case you want to freeze the tomatoes without their skin, then you first have to peel them. This process can be made fairly easy by dipping the tomatoes in a boiling pan of water for a minute. This way the skin comes off and you are left with the simple task of peeling it away. Thereafter, the process of freezing is the same as described above.
However, if you are short on freezer space, you can use another method to freeze tomatoes. Boil the tomatoes to a concentrate. This can be done by cutting the tomatoes into four quarters, adding a little water and then reducing the volume to around half of the original volume. Once the tomatoes are reduced, you can cool the concentrate and transfer to the freezer. Although this method of freezing is time consuming, you can save a lot of space. This method can also be used for blanched tomatoes in case you are not interested in keeping the skin on.
|Vegetable Gardening :|
More Articles :
- Best Tomatoes Growing Tips
- Can I Grow Cherry Tomatoes In A Container
- Disease In Tomato Plants
- Grow Time Of Cherry Tomatoes
- Grow Tomato Plants In Pots
- Growing Tomatoes In Buckets
- How Much Sun Do Tomato Plants Need ?
- How Often Should I Water My Tomato Plants ?
- How To Freeze Tomatoes ?
- How To Start Tomato Seeds ?
- Nutritional Value Of A Tomato
- What Is The Scientific Name Of A Tomato ?
- What Make Leaves Of Tomato Plant Turning Yellow ?
- When Should I Plant Tomatoes ?
- Why Is A Tomato A Fruit ?