|A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
There are many kinds of thyroid diseases, and the most common are hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism. In both these types of thyroid disease, the thyroid gland either produces too little or too much thyroid hormones which has an adverse effect on the proper working of the metabolic processes of the body. The symptoms depend on the kind of thyroid disease that a person has. More...
According to some statistics, nearly 40 percent of people in the US suffer from hypothyroidism. Even though thyroid disorders are quite common, many people are completely unaware of the causes for thyroid disease. Here are some of the causes that result in hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. More...
Hyperthyroidism is an endocrinological condition related to the thyroid gland wherein the gland secreted more than required quantities of the thyroid hormones. These hormones are very important for proper functioning of the body as they control the rate of metabolism. When large amounts of thyroid hormones are produced, it has an adverse effect on the metabolism. This increase tends to speed up many processes in the body. More...
- Diets For Hyperthyroidism
- Does Hyperthyroidism Cause All Over Itching ?
- Does Hyperthyroidism Cause Headaches ?
- Homeopathic Treatment For Hyperthyroidism
- Hyperthyroidism Treatment
- Is Hyperthyroidism Hereditary ?
- Symptoms Of Hyperthyroidism
Is Losing Weight A Symptom Of Hypothyroidism ?
People suffering from hypothyroidism would love loss of weight being a symptom of this condition because of the main symptoms of hypothyroidism is gaining weight even without trying to. The reason for this is very simple. Hypothyroidism tends to slow down the metabolic rate and this has an effect on the weight of a person. The person tends to put on weight more easily and will find it very difficult to shed the extra pounds. More...
- Homeopathic Remedy For Hypothyroidism
- Hypothyroidism And Dry Skin
- Hypothyroidism And Hot Flashes
- Hypothyroidism And Vitamin D Deficiency
- Is Hypothyroidism Hereditary ?
- Long Term Treatment For Hypothyroidism
- Puffy Eyes And Hypothyroidism
- Signs And Symptoms Of Hypothyroidism
It may be hard to believe that many people suffering from thyroid disorder also suffer from a condition known as thyroid hypertension. This kind of elevated blood pressure occurs when the thyroid gland ends up secreting too much epinephrine (adrenaline) and norepinephrine (noradrenaline). These hormones cause an increase in the blood pressure and this increase is termed as thyroid hypertension disease. More...