|Toenail Fungus And Remedy
Toe nail fungus is the consequence of an infection caused by bacteria or tiny micro-organisms. Nail fungus is also known as Onychomycosis, the fungi grow in a warm and moist environment. As the condition worsens, it makes the nails hard and brittle and also leads to discoloration.
Though the condition is not painful in the initial stages, it becomes painful later on. Some of the causes of toe nail fungus are a break in the nail, ill-fitting shoes, multiple small abrasions and cuts in the skin and damp shoes and socks. The fungus causes the toenails to get brittle and flaky and they begin to chip. The fungus also makes the nails emit a foul odor.
However, the fungus can be treated at home, using certain easily available ingredients. Some of these home remedies are mentioned below.
- Rubbing Tea tree oil twice a day in the morning and last thing at night
- Soak toes in Listerine mouthwash which has medicinal and antiseptic properties. The soaking should be done twice a day, twenty minutes at a time.
- Fill a bucket with equal proportion of water and natural apple cider vinegar. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes. Thereafter, dry toenails thoroughly.
- Rub a mixture of lavender and tea tree oil twice a day.
- Same with a mixture of olive oil and 2 drops of oregano essential oil.
- Soak feet for twenty minutes twice a day in a mixture of vinegar and water in equal proportions. Dry well after that, especially between the toes.
Another helpful home remedy is to rub the nails with rubbing alcohol for about 20 minutes.
More Articles :