In general, surgeries can give rise to complications like infections, excessive bleeding and swelling due to incisions. Some of the patients experience adverse reactions due to anesthesia.
The following are some reactions that are specific to breast implants:
- Rupture or deflation of implants: When the saline solution inside the implant starts leaking due to breakage of the shell or a damaged valve, the implants deflate immediately or over a period of time which results in abnormal size or shape of the breast. If this occurs, the implants may have to be replaced by performing an additional surgery.
- Capsular Contracture: The scar tissue that forms as a result of the surgical procedure can sometimes cause mild discomfort or severe pain. Hence, it may require removal of the capsule tissue or replacing the breast implant through an additional surgery.
- Cosmetic results: Not every implant gives the required result. Sometimes, the surgery results in the formation of wrinkles, displacement of implants, deformation of shape, scar formation as well as incorrect size.
- Infection: Infections may occur due to various factors like careless handling of surgical instruments or even response to the foreign material introduced in the body. It manifests in the form of fever, diarrhea, vomiting or rashes. Severe cases of infection sometimes require replacing the breast implants. In addition, such infections are harder to cure.
- Nipple and breast sensation: The breasts may become over-sensitive or lose its sensitivity altogether after the surgery. These effects may be either temporary or permanent, and affect the nursing capabilities as well as sexual urges in some women.
More Articles :
- Pros And Cons Of Breast Implants
- Dangers Of Silicone Breast Implants
- Best Size For Breast Implants
- Emotional Impact Of Breast Implant Surgery
- Are There Breast Implants For Men ?
- Bras For After Breast Implant Surgery
- Breast Implant Death
- Breast Implant Problems
- Breast Implant Removal
- Breast Implant Reviews
- Can You Breastfeed After A Boob Job ?
- Cost Of Breast Implant Surgery