Age discrimination at workplace can lead to desperation and discouragement. This is unlawful as per the law and violation on this front can result in severe implications to the employer and his organization.
Age discrimination, especially in the case of senior employees, is obvious in workplace. They may not be considered for promotion, despite their years of relevant experience, consistent and proven track record. Many times, there may be no enhancement in the salary. The employment law clearly states that promotions and compensations should be decided on merit and not on age. If the affected employee can prove that he/ she was not considered for promotion or enhancement of compensation, solely on the basis of age, then they can press charges of age discrimination on their employer. This case, if proved in favor of the employees, can cause serious legal consequences to the employer. However, most employers justify their decision on terminating senior employees as 'constructive termination'. This essentially means that the employees were fired because they are unable to perform constructively resulting in loss of productivity or output.
Age discrimination at workplace affects the employee morale and adversely affects his/her productivity. The companies also tend to suffer in the long run due because they disregarded the invaluable experience of a senior employee. There would be pros and cons for every decision. A younger workforce may be perceived as energetic and enthusiastic, but they cannot be a replacement for years of experience. On the other hand, a younger aspirant may sometimes be more authoritative and commanding than a senior employer. So, the selection, promotion or termination of an employee should be made on the basis of merit.
More Articles :
- Age Discrimination In Employment Cases
- Age Discrimination In The Hiring Process
- Age Discrimination In The United States
- Age Discrimination In The Workplace
- Age Discrimination In Women
- Age Discrimination Wrongful Termination
- Damages For Age Discrimination
- Effects Of Age Discrimination
- Examples Of Age Discrimination
- Federal Law On Age Discrimination
- How To Avoid Age Discrimination ?
- How To Prevent Age Discrimination ?
- Types Of Age Discrimination
- What Constitutes Age Discrimination ?
- What Is Age Discrimination ?