For years it is known that alcohol abuse affects the health in a negative manner and this include morbidity, mortality and disability.
In order to measure the current morbidity and mortality rates of alcohol abuse, researchers have to take into account the different effects of alcohol consumption along with drinking patterns that exist in the society. And it has been established that alcohol abuse leads to chronic diseases and traffic accidents.
Many national surveys have been conducted across America and these surveys usually target college students. Therefore, most studies only report mortality rate and morbidity rate among college students and not the general population. The National Advisory Council of the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA) formed a task force to review a research conducted on the drinking habits of college students. The task force found that more 1,400 students died of injuries related to alcohol use and another 2 million drove vehicles under the influence of alcohol.
When it comes to getting the current morbidity and mortality rates of alcohol abuse, most studies concentrate on mortality rate rather than morbidity. However, various studies have connected different levels of alcohol consumption to increased morbidity and mortality rates connected to more than 60 diseases. Very few articles look at morbidity rate alone or combination of morbidity and mortality rates. Therefore, there is very little information available on current morbidity rate of alcohol abuse.
According to reports by the World Health Organization, there two million alcohol deaths worldwide and alcohol is responsible for 4.4 percent of diseases worldwide.
More Articles :
- Age adjusted Mortality Rate Graph
- American Experience Mortality Rate
- Current Morbidity And Mortality Rates Of Alcohol Abuse
- Hiv Impact On Child Mortality In South Africa
- Homelessness Morbidity And Mortality
- Impact Of Socioeconomic Factors On Child Mortality
- Infant Mortality Fever
- Mortality Of Turners Syndrome Babies
- What Do Hospital Mortality And Morbidity Meetings Do ?
- What Is The Current Mortality Rate Of Malaria ?
- What Is The Mortality Rate In United States ?
- What Is The Mortality Rate Of Crohns Disease ?