Getting Dumped Relationship Advice
Getting dumped can be a very painful experience for a person. The experience is painful because it can happen at any time -- early on in the relationship or years later. It can occur when things seem perfectly okay in the relationship or when things go wrong. And to make the matter worse, you can get dumped in a variety of ways -- face to face, via an email, through an SMS and sometimes in public.
It does not matter how it happens, the fact remains that you will be hurt and along with the pain you may experience anger, betrayal, humiliation, sadness, loneliness and self-blame.
Here is some getting dumped relationship advice that may help you cope better with the situation.
- It is natural to think about taking drastic steps the moment you are dumped. However, it is not the correct move. Most of your decisions at that time will be influenced by your emotions and you may end up regretting them at a later stage.
- If you are angry, reach out to friends and close family members so that you can vent out your anger and frustration. Do not think about going to your ex-boyfriend or ex-girlfriend's home to kick the door down or break a pane. You will just end up spending the night in a cell. Do not let friends fuel your anger.
- The worse thing you can do is sit in anticipation that your ex will reconsider his or her decision.
- In case your ex does get in touch with you, let the phone go to your voice mail; if you receive an SMS, read it and delete it. The same goes for an email. It was your ex's decision to end the relationship and let it end.
- If you are in a situation where you are forced to talk to your ex, just keep it brief without letting your ex see your pain and anger.
- Do not let yourself be used by your ex hoping that this will get the two of you back.
- Get rid of all the gifts and cards that your ex gave you. Having them around will just prolong your pain.
- Give yourself time to heal and get over the pain. This means not getting involved with another person on a rebound. It is not fair to the other person or you. Instead go out and have fun and keep everyone as a friend.
- Do not turn to alcohol or drugs to help you cope with the pain. It is natural to experience pain after getting dumped and with time, it will lessen.
- Once the pain lessens, spend some time to see what went wrong with the relationship and try to learn from your mistakes.
More Articles :
- Bible Advice Regarding Relationship Boundaries
- Getting Dumped Relationship Advice
- Love Relationship Advice And Tips
- Over 40 Relationship Advice
- Practical Advice For Break Up Of Relationship
- Relationship Advice For Abandoned Children
- Relationship Advice For Husband Not Interested In Sex
- Relationship Advice How Can I Repair The Damage I Have Done
- Relationship Advice Over Committed People Busy
- Where To Find Relationship Advice ?