Bronchial pneumonia is a condition that leads to inflammation of bronchioles in the lungs. It can be caused due to bacteria or fungi. The disease can affect one or both the lungs. It appears as bronchial patches and can spread to other parts of the lungs if left untreated. Elderly people, younger children, babies, people suffering from asthma, people suffering from reduced immunity are in particular vulnerable to bronchial pneumonia. People who have already suffered from a previous flu or cold, smokers are equally at risk.
Symptoms of bronchial pneumonia include:
Cough: This is one of the most common symptoms associated with any type of pneumonia. Dry cough (absence of mucus formation) is generally observed. Persistent unproductive cough leads to severe chest pain. Wheezing and reduced lung capacity leads to difficulty in breathing. In severe case, little mucus formation with blood can be expelled out while coughing.
Fever: The person can suffer from fever. His/her body temperature will be around 100 deg Fahrenheit, which falls under the “low-grade fever” category. Chills and fever alternate continuously making the person feel lethargic and tired.
Respiratory problems: Persistent cough will lead to difficulty in breathing. Congestion in chest will make it harder for the person to breathe even when he is lying down and not performing any work. A wheezing sound can be heard. The person will try taking deep breaths to fill his lungs with extra air/oxygen.
Other symptoms include chest pain, pain in the lungs/chest while inhaling air, lethargy, appetite loss, nausea, diarrhea, headache and vomiting.
More Articles :
- Can You Die From Pneumonia ?
- Can You Die From Walking Pneumonia ?
- How Is Pneumonia Spread ?
- How Long Is Pneumonia Contagious ?
- How Often Do You Need A Pneumonia Vaccine ?
- Walking Pneumonia Symtoms
- What Are The Symptoms Of Bronchial Pneumonia ?
- What Is Walking Pneumonia ?
- When Is Pneumonia No Longer Contagious ?
- How Long Does It Take To Cure Pneumonia ?
- How Long Does Pneumonia Last ?
- Is Pneumonia Contagious
- Pneumonia And Signs And Symptoms
- Why Is My Lung Scarred From Pneumonia ?