Ecuador Facts  

Ecuador is a country located in the western part of South America. It is situated along the Pacific Ocean right at the Equator, and sandwiched between Colombia and Peru.

Here are some facts on Ecuador that you will find quite interesting:

Ecuador Facts:

  • Ecuador along with Galapagos Islands is a little smaller that the state of Nevada. However, the country has a vast coastline of around 2,237 kilometers.
  • Along the coastline, the country has tropical climate, but as you go inland and to higher elevations, the climate becomes cool. In the Amazon rainforest located in the lowlands of the country, the climate is tropical.
  • The country is blessed with many natural resources, namely petroleum, fish, timber and hydropower.
  • Ecuador is quite prone to natural calamities, and suffers from earthquakes, landslides, flood, drought and volcanic eruptions.
  • Nearly 95 percent of the population is Roman Catholic, while the remaining 5 percent follow other religions.
  • Ecuador's flag is quite similar to the flag of Colombia. It has a coat of arms, which is superimposed on the three horizontal stripes of yellow, blue and red.
  • The capital city of the country is Quito.
  • The average life expectancy in the country is 76.21 years.
  • The main industries of Ecuador are petroleum, textiles, wood products, chemicals and food processing.
  • The country grows bananas, coffee, cocoa, rice, potatoes, tapioca, plantains, sugarcane and balsa wood. Fish, shrimp, cattle, sheep, pork, beef and dairy products are produced in farms and ranches.

More Articles :

Ecuador Facts




South America:

Ecuador-Festivals      Most of the festivals celebrated in Ecuador are connected to the country's main religion, Roman Catholicism. The country celebrates carnival and also observes the 40 days of Lent before Easter. However, when it comes to celebrations and parties, Ecuador is known for its revelry and animation. More..




Home  • Anti-Aging   • Assistive Technology  • Death & Funeral • Insurance   • GrandparentingFashion   • Medicine   • Retirement   • Senior Care  

Ecuador Facts )
Copyright © 2012, All Rights Reserved.